Welcome to Boulder City, a community that takes much pride in its history and traditions. While it is the "City that Built Hoover Dam," there is much more to this charming community. From our heritage as a humble town of 5,000 people looking for work during the great depression to the almost 16,000 residents living here today, there is a sense of pride and a welcoming spirit here. We stand by our core values: fiscal responsibility, accessible and responsive, a caring attitude and professional excellence. Our Mayor, City Council, City Manager and staff value transparency in government.
The City Manager is head of the administrative branch of the city government, appointed by and directly accountable to the Mayor and the City Council. The City Manager of Boulder City operates under a Council / Manager form of government. Under this structure, the elected Mayor and City Council are responsible for all policy decisions affecting the city. The implementation of council policies and the general administration of city operations is the responsibility of a professional city manager.
If he can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact him at 702-293-9202.
- Appoints (and removes) all officers and employees of the city, except the City Clerk, City Attorney and Municipal Court Judge
- Prepares the annual budget, submits it to the City Council and is responsible for its administration after adoption
- Prepares and submits a complete report of the finances and administrative activities of the city for each fiscal year
- Keeps the City Council advised of the financial condition and future needs of the city
- Directs and supervises all of the departments of the city
- Develops programs and alternatives for consideration by the City Council
- Represents the city in negotiations with other governmental representatives
We encourage you to subscribe to our online or text notifications. Receive agendas for Council meetings, and for any/all advisory committee, board or commission meetings, public notices, emergency alerts, utility outages and traffic alerts. Signing up is simple, and you can easily change your preferences or unsubscribe at any time. To subscribe, go to Notify Me.