Using our time, our skills, our minds, volunteers make a difference. See various opportunities in the tool bar on the left.
Benefits for Volunteers
- A mentoring relationship with their liaison
- Experience in their volunteer work area
- Improved communication between citizens and city departments
- Information about career opportunities available in local government
- Opportunities to apply their knowledge and skills in an actual work setting
Benefits for the Community
- Contributions to the organizational mission
- Cost-effective way to improve the quality of city services and operations
- Help reduce backlog that will lead to improved efficiency
- Improved communication with citizens
Some opportunities may require a background investigation. Fingerprinting, detailed background investigation, and drug screening may also be required for volunteers serving in some departments and/or performing certain duties or occupations.