Renewals are 10-year passports that are 5 years to the day or less expired and mailed to the State Department on your own.
How to Apply
- Proof of US Citizenship
- Passport Photo
- Mail Your Renewal Application
Routine: 8 to 11 weeks*
Expedited: Costs an extra $60. Takes 5 to 7 weeks. *
*Processing times begin the day Department of State receives your application at a passport agency or center, not the day you mail your application or apply.
- Form DS-82
2. Proof of US citizenship
Passport should not be damaged
- Valid Passport book or Card
- Expired Passport book or card (must be less than 5 years expired)
3. Passport Photos
Passport photos can be purchased at our offices for $10.00
- Submit a color photo, taken in last 6 months
- Use a clear image of your face. Do not use filters commonly used on social media.
- Have someone else take your photo. No selfies.
- Take off your eyeglasses for your photo.
- Use a plain white or off-white background
State Department Payment Methods
Note: You may not pay State Department fees with credit or debit cards. You may pay with:
- Personal, certified, cashier' check, payable to "U.S. Department of State."
- Money order payable to "U.S. Department of State."
16 and older
Application Processing Fees – Department of State
State Department payment is sent with your application package. State Department fees are paid separately from City of Boulder City fees.
- Passport Book- $130.00 (Valid for all international travel by air, land, and sea)
- Passport Card-$30.00 (Valid only for return to the U.S. by land or sea from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean)
- Passport Book & Card- $160.00
Expedited Passport Book and Cards
- $60.00-5 to 7 weeks. Processing times begin the day we receive your application at a passport agency or center, not the day you mail your application or apply.
- $17.56- 1-2 Day Delivery from the State Department (optional for books only)
5. Mail Your Renewal Application
Department of State recommends using a USPS delivery tracking service to mail your renewal application.
Choose one of the following services:
- USPS Priority Mail® Service with Delivery Confirmation
- USPS Priority Mail® Service with Signature Confirmation
- USPS Priority Mail Express® Service (for overnight delivery requests)
City Clerk's Office
401 California Avenue
Boulder City, NV 89005
Monday through Thursday
7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Monday through Thursday
8 a.m. to 3 p.m.